Sunday 3 June 2012

And here's the sob session...

But not because I had to slave my way through the torturous few days of bike racing they call 'Le Tour de Taranaki', but in fact for the complete opposite reason. Which sounds like I am just extremely hard to please, but the fact is, I couldn't race, because the body is not up to it. And worse still, I'm not entirely sure why.

Long story short, something is not right with my chest. Any serious problems with my heart have been ruled out, so the doc is guessing it's a virus thats causing a bit of havoc in my lungs. Either that or something mechanical. I am frustrated, to say the least, but there is no use throwing a wobbly over it so all I can do is get on with things and get better as quickly as I can. I am sure I will back on my bike very soon.

AND. Just to add insult to injury, the weather at the tour was perfect. No wind, (practically) no rain, no snow - very unlike the past four years that I have raced it. So after all my moaning, it turns out the tour would have been almost pleasant, almost being the operative word.

You will be hearing from me shortly (stories with more biking and less babble)

Cassie

PS. Spectating is not harder than it looks, regardless of what parents and supporters may tell you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment