Sunday 27 May 2012

A Quick Summary (i.e only a small novel)

Where to start.

It's difficult to find anything overly intriguing to share, with the weather quickly slipping its way into winter, and without any serious racing coming up. (with the exception of Taranaki Tour, which I am still in the denial stage about.) So far, the only thing keeping me sane on my painfully mundane solo rides is my trusty iPod and some muesli bars.

However, the big push factor is, of course, the UCI Junior World Track Championships (hereby given the abbreviation 'J-Dubs) campaign, which is making its way closer and closer, at a rate which makes one wonder if the hours in a day decrease with the more we have to get done. I have only five weeks left to play with before the campaign begins, with a week or so in my second home of Invercargill (I know my way around better than half the locals), followed by a full-on three weeks in the U.S, where the temperature will lose the negative and gain a few zeros (can't complain). It will be a much-needed change, and good to get some decent racing into the legs before J-Dubs. Not to mention the cheap as Chuck Taylors. 

So that's where I'm headed over the next wee while. I've had a fairly successful, and encouraging, past few months, and I am looking forward to getting stuck into another few months of cry-worthy, vomit-inducing training so the legs know what to expect come August.

I'll do my best to keep you in the loop as to how that goes.

Peace out,
Cassie

PS. Expect a huge poor-me, poor-me sob session after Taranaki Tour. Either that or nothing at all (in which case it will never be spoken of again).

1 comment:

  1. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--ekR6jG4Iwk/Tw4zvKN4RCI/AAAAAAAAAn0/IX-VBCUOUvs/s1600/didnt-read-lol-chicken-gif.gif

    ReplyDelete